In this post we will learn about account in identity and access management tool SailPoint IIQ.
What is Account?
Account means the any unique thing which is used by the application to identity the registered user. if any application has suppose 100 users, then those 100 users will have 100 different accounts, so that application can distinguish its users.
you frequently use the word account in your daily life, either in the form of bank account, email account, Facebook account etc.
What Account contains
Any Account contains the information of the user. if talked about the
- bank account – it will contain your bank balance, your basic information.
- Facebook account – it contains your mobile number, email address
similarly account in each category contains things related to user.
so, If we talked about the account in SailPoint. it will also contain the information related to
- Application – on which account is created.
- Identity – For which identity account is created.
- Attributes – Every application has some attributes which are mapped to account while creating account.
so we can say,
Account in SailPoint refer to the information of the registered users in any application. Each identity in application is associated in the form of account.